I have been so excited to bring Easton to the beach and today was finally the day! My SIL and I took the little one to Laguna Beach and it was definitely a success (baby asleep before 7 pm type of success). We had planned to be going to the beach so of course I thought it out very carefully so that I was prepared! I always see pictures of me and my brother and sister at the beach with my mom when we were littler and I now wonder...how in the hell did she manage 3 kids and the stuff that comes along with them! I mean seriously I had about 4 bags...one of food/drinks, one with diapers/wipes etc, one with toys and then threw on the beach umbrella and blanket (which thank goodness they had shoulder straps attached) and I looked like I was going on vacation! Good thing my SIL was there to actually carry the baby!
1. There a so many different sunscreens to choose from. I figured I used Coppertone as a kid, its 50 SPF, smells amazing so why not! I guess until someone breaks the news to me that I should be using something else, I will be happy with it!
2. I purchased a 6' really cute teal umbrella from Target (which is currently on sale) because you can't bring a baby to the beach without some shade! Thankful it had a shoulder strap...because I had no free hands!
3. Again Target to the rescue...I got a zip up picnic blanket which is for 4 people, but when you have a crawling baby I guess nothing will be big enough!
4. Sand Toys are on my list. I basically just brought some toys from home that I could rinse off! He doesn't really know the difference right now.
5. I was so excited to use my thermal tote which I purchased at a thirty one party! I got the above print and a monogrammed "S". So cute!
I still need some pointers on how families spend the day at the beach. I mean really? How do you get a baby to nap at the beach! I tried and tried, but eventually gave up! Its pretty interesting to be in a bakini and having your baby thrashing around...