Sunday, January 6, 2013

Baby Oatmeal

Before Easton's 4 month appointment I purchased both baby rice cereal and oatmeal because I was so very excited to start feeding this boy! I have heard not to get too excited because babies may not even open their mouth for a spoon and then may just spit out the food...So I did't want to get my hopes up! 

Of course I have read the newest research that now says babies should eat first foods at 6 months rather than the previously thought 4 months. So when The Dr. said there is no need for cereals until 6 months...well I guess I ignored that part of the appointment! : ) Since Target outings are not as they used to be I do a lot of shopping online, I purchased Earth's Best organic cereals. We first tried rice cereal and had an awful night, so like any mother I blame it on the cereal and tried a different one! Oatmeal it is for this boy (I hear it is easier on the stomach). 

I mixed an ounce of milk and a teaspoon of oatmeal and brought the spoon to his mouth and...he opened it and ate it like he had done it a million times before! Maybe its because he sits in his Bumbo as our dinner centerpiece and watches us, or maybe its because he puts everything he can in his mouth, not sure which one! 
ooo that tastes yummy




meal complete

1 comment:

  1. such a cute boy eating his oatmeal! You should do the "airplane" thing that grandma used to do with us :)

    ReplyDelete