Thursday, September 26, 2013

Letting them be

Do you ever let your kids lead the way? Sometimes I find this difficult but when I do, I realize how beautiful it is. One afternoon I went to turn the hose on so I could water the plants, but Easton got to it first. Rather than telling him "no" I just sat back and watched. He took a drink, gave the dogs a drink, soaked himself and started playing in the mud. The mud covered his soft cheeks and cute little hands. He lined little rocks and pieces of mulch on our outdoor furniture.  


He was all giggles when the dogs started joining in. 





I think sometimes we just need to let them experience things on their own, rather than controlling every aspect of their environment. Dirt and all. 


Thank goodness for bath tubs and bubbles. 

3 comments:

  1. You are so right! It can be hard to remember this when you have things to do, places to go, dishes to do, flower beds to weed, etc. but at the end of the day these little people are only this little for only so long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're such a good mama! and he is such a cutie patooooty <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I try hard not to "hover" over Mac all the time and let him explore safely. It's funny what he chooses to do, when he has the option (usually play with rocks and run up and down a hill in our neighborhood). Weird kid. :)

    ReplyDelete