Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Officially booked a caterer- Iva Lee's

The venue that we chose has about five cratering companies to choose from, before booking with the venue I made sure to get a couple of quotes from the caterers to be sure they fit within my wedding budget! Months down the line, I finally booked one, called Iva Lee's! I learned a couple of wedding planning basics through this experience. 
1. Ask your caterer about other vendors, such as a rental company. Apparently this caterer works with a rental company and was able to give me a quote for both the rentals and the catering!
2. If the quote is over budget, be willing to work with them. I recommended taking out the coffee buffet, which in turn takes out the table rental and table cloth! I also have decided to do a dessert buffet, which means I don't need a wedding cake table or linens! These items took out a couple hundred dollars!!
3. Caterers understand that some weddings have a budget! And she was so nice to offer other recommendations, such as purchasing plastic wear within my color range for the cake/dessert buffet (another over $100 saved)
4. A HUGE plus with Iva Lee's, if you book within 2010 you get free passed appetizers during cocktail hour!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment